The Crown 180A, 280A, 1160A and 660A are high-value amplifiers for commercial and industrial audio. They provide 4-ohm and constant-voltage outputs (70V and 100V). The 660A, a six-channel amplifier, provides 4-ohm and constant-voltage outputs (70V and 100V) on channels 1 through 4, and 4-ohm outpus on channels 5 and 6. The amps are part of Crown’s Commercial Audio Series, which also includes mixers and mixer-amps. These low-cost units provide all necessary features in a simple building-block format. The sound system can be upgraded as a facility expands. For example, you can add more mixers for more inputs, or add more power amps (or mixer-amps) to handle more zones.
Some applications include schools, hospitals, factories, restaurant/retail, houses of worship, fitness facilities, A/V boardrooms, prisons, and small offices. Typical uses are paging, background music, security and evacuation instructions.
The amplifiers vary in their number of inputs, number of outputs, and power range:
- 180A has 1 input and one 80W power amplifier for single-zone systems.
- 280A has 2 inputs and dual 80W power amplifiers for two-zone systems.
- 1160A has 1 input and one 160W power amplifier for single-zone systems.
- 660A has six inputs and six 60W power amplifier channels for multi-zone systems. It can drive different types of speakers in different areas of a facility.
- 180A, 280A and 1160A have 1 or 2 inputs, 1 or 2 amplifier output channels. 660A has six inputs and six amplifier output channels
- Ideal for commercial and industrial use
- Balanced Phoenix-type line inputs; touch-proofed screw-terminal speaker outputs
- Advanced protection system includes output current limiting, DC protection, circuit breaker/fuse, and thermal protection