Soundcraft EPM 12 mixer
The emphasis with the Soundcraft EPM is very firmly on quality build and audio performance, with an easy to understand control surface uncluttered by unnecessary facilities, and Soundcraft have brought new technologies and ideas to this very cost-effective range. Surface mount technology is used throughout, using close-tolerance components for high accuracy and repeatable settings for EQ and gain controls. The highly-transparent GB30 Mic amp (designed by Graham Blyth for the company’s 30th anniversary, and also used on the larger LX7ii and GB Series consoles) features high-resolution adjustment over a wide gain range of 55dB, and provides a stunning +22dB headroom through the console. True professional 48-volt phantom power caters for condenser microphones of all types.
A unique feature of the signal monitoring is the PEAK led. This uses multipoint signal take-offs to watch for overload in several parts of the channel strip, and the led lights more brightly as the signal approaches the peak point. For smooth and accurate channel control, the EPM has 60mm high quality faders as used on other Soundcraft desks. The monitor output and headphone output work in parallel so that performers can still listen on phones while an engineer is listening on studio monitors.
- Frame sizes 6+2, 8+2 and 12+2
- 2 configurable auxiliary buses
- XLR-type and ¼” metal jack connector sockets
- RCA phono stereo playback inputs and record outputs
- 3-band EQ with a swept mid on mono inputs
- 2-band EQ on stereo inputs
- TRS insert sockets and inserts on all mono inputs and mix output
- Ten-segment LED output metering
- Intuitive and comprehensive solo system
- Headphone output
- Easily rack mountable